Sunday, July 20, 2008

To Dallas for Her First Swim!

On July 10, 2008, Emerson and I packed up our things and headed off to Dallas, Texas to visit Aunt Jenny and her cousins Trey and Jada. It was her first plane ride, and of course, I was SO nervous that I would be that "mom" with the screaming baby the entire time on the flight. Well, it turned out that she didn't make a peep the entire flight, which made me a very proud mommy!

It was a blazing 99 degrees or hotter there everyday, so we decided to take all the kids swimming. Emerson is all decked out in her new swimsuit, sun hat, and 10lbs of sunscreen.

Once we got there, I stripped her down and got her in the pool.

Then we put her in her little pool lounger. At first it was all screams because the lounger tilted her back, but me being a smart mommy, I lifted her up and sat her forward. She loved it...for 5 minutes that it is.


Emerson lasted probably a total of 15 minutes in the water, which is probably due to the fact that I took her out of her lounger and thought she would like to be dunked...NOT SO! So, after the dunk, that was the end of her first swim!
Here is a cute pick of the fam sitting in Jenny's back yard just hanging out.

Trey loved all the attention he got from Aunt Mimi and Grandma and was a helper to Emerson as well... he also liked giving her bear hugs and "banging" Jada!

Towards the end of the trip, my mom went out and bought a camera so Jenny could set up Skype, so this is a pick of all of us talking to Sion and showing Trey Taki and MoBay.

All in all, it was a fabulous trip and we can't wait to see them all again!

No comments: